For anyone intending to settle down to create a good vid, here are the details of the KiSmet vid competition, courtesy of our Supreme Vidder Goddess, Larissa.
It’s all about HUMOUR! (A difficult concept!)
• Star Trek TOS, TAS, movies, reboot or all of 'em are all welcome! You can include footage from other Trek episodes and other media in general, but the focus must be on Kirk/Spock. (What else?) Outsider POV, stop-motion with action figures, use of manips and fan art are all permitted.
• One competition entry per vidder. Teams count as one vidder; so if you submit a vid that you cooked up with your bestie, than you can still submit a second vid that you created on your own.
• The vid must be under 5 minutes; 2.5 to 4 minutes is recommended.
• All entries must be either premieres or completed in 2018.
• The attending members of KiSmet will vote after the competition and determine the winners (1st, 2nd place) who will be featured on the KiSmet group and recced all over the web. There will also be a prize!
• Go wild and have fun. Do something outrageous, scandalous, original, fresh! Make your audience roar with laughter! Make the Vulcans lose their cool and crack up!
• KiSmet membership is not required, but if you grace us with your presence at the convention, be prepared to get a room full of adoration.
• Please submit your vid as high-resolution and high-quality as possible. Please use reasonably common and reliable formats (e.g. .mp4, .mov, .avi - please spare us the pain of .flv or .wmv files). We want your work to look fabulous on the big screen. If you allow us to feature your vid on the official KiSmet DVD, please stick to NTSC.
For more details and technical instructions, please get in touch with Larissa: email@example.com
Please register your vids as soon as possible by letting us know what you plan to send in (vidder name, title, song, universe, length).
Deadline for actual vid submission (preferably by Dropbox or similar download link): 1st of July 2018.
We cannot accept submissions at the convention doors.